Enlarged Skin Pores, On Nose, Look like Hole, Causes (How to Get Rid Permanently)
Enlarged skin pores on nose or face that look like holes can really be annoying. Large skin pores are common in females, especially during their periods. Common causes include excessive secretion of sebum, age and sun damage.
In this topic, we explain common causes of large kin pores, how to cover them, treat and naturally get rid of them permanently at home with natural remedies.
What causes large pores?
There are a number of conditions that might cause large skin pores on face, nose and other parts of the body. For most people, advance age is the major cause of enlarged skin pores. As people grow old, the skin loses the natural elasticity of the skin that surrounds the skin pores. This will cause the pores to appear bigger than they really are.
Enlarge skin pores is common in men than in women. The main cause can be the difference in genetic makeup and increased production of sebum in males than in females.
There are also some instances where a will produce more of these oily substances. Sebum, an oily secretion of the sebaceous gland is responsible for lubricating the hair follicles and protecting the body from hydration.
Large pores on nose
Small or large pores on nose are quite common and can occur in anyone. This pores easily noticeable when they become clogged with bacteria, dead skin cells, and sebum which is an oily secretion of the sebaceous glands.
Large pores on the nose can easily be managed by maintaining proper skin care and general skin hygiene. Doing this helps get rid of the dead skin cells and dirt that might have accumulated in the pores making them less noticeable.
According to the brutish journal of dermatology, the three main causes of large pores on nose are an overproduction of sebum, aging, and gender.
Generally, oily skin individuals are more likely to have large skin pores due to the overproduction of sebum. In humans, sebum is responsible for keeping your skin hydrated. Excess sebum mix with dirt and is plug in hair follicles making the pores on nose appear large.
Age is the other factor that contributes to enlarged skin pores. Generally, as we grow old, our body loses the ability to produce collagen, this makes the skin loose its elasticity. Add this to continue sun damage, your skin pores on nose and other parts of the body will tend to look bigger.
Fluctuating hormonal changes in female, especially during menstruation, will often make the pores on nose appear large. Generally, male tends to have large skin pores than female. This can phenomena can also be genetically influenced. This means that some people are simply born with large skin pores than others.
Check Also: Tiny hard bumps on face, itchy and painful
Open pores on face (Enlarged pores that look like hole)
Open pores on face or nose are dilated openings of oil glands. They often occur as a result of unchecked oil production that starts at a younger age and worsens when your skin gets lax in old age.
Open pores on the face will appear as small pits that give your skin a dimpled appearance similar to orange peel. There are no quick fixes for getting rid, shrinking or minimizing enlarged pores. You will need to maintain a skin care routine that involves cleansing, exfoliating and apply different skin products.
To effectively get rid of enlarged pores that look like holes, have your dermatologist prescribe the right skin care regimen for you. We have also provided some simple remedies you can use at home to take care of your skin.
Related post: Dry skin around mouth, how to manage at home
How to cover large skin pores
If you would with to get rid of your skin pores completely, the truth is that it is not possible. However, that is not the end of it, the good news is that you can cover enlarged skin pores to make them appear smaller, giving your that smooth smart look you long for.
Many things can affect the appearance of your skin pores. To prevent covering or blocking them, you will need to:
- Pick your product wisely. Invest in high-quality cosmetics and skin care products that do not block your skin pores
- Maintain proper hygiene, always wash off your make up before going to bed
- If you spent most of the timeout in the sun, ensure you wear sunscreen to minimize UV rays damage to your skin
- Maintain a balanced diet and drink plenty of water and fluids to keep your body hydrated
- Schedule regular appointment and medical check up to treat any condition that might cause fluctuation in the production of sebum
What is the best way to make your pores smaller? – How to minimize pore on face
As mentioned, enlarged skin pores are common in males than in female. This is condition is common and harmless. However, those with large skin pores risk being hydrated faster than those with small skin pores.
Here are some of the best ways you can make your pores smaller:
1. Makeup to cover large skin pores
For natural large skin pores, apply smart makeup may help cover the pores and make them appear smaller.
When using makeups, you need to be sure to use an oil free product. Have a professional skin care practitioner, recommend a product that is free from oil and talc. These ingredients are known to stick inside skin pores making them appear larger.
2. Chemical peels
Accumulation of dirt, dead skin cells and sebum inside the hair follicles can cause your skin pores to enlarge. A chemical peel made up of salicylic acid, lactic, retinol and trichloroacetic acid (all prescription strength acids) may help to get rid of large skin pores.
Chemical peel on face works by getting rid of dead skin cells accumulated inside the skin pores.
3. Exfoliating to make large skin pores smaller
Regular ski exfoliation can make your face appear smoother and softer. It can also enhance and make skin care and treatment works better. To get the bets result and avoid skin irritation, you will need to use the right products. This will vary from one person to the other depending on the needs and type of skin.
To exfoliate you face at home:
- For those with long hair, pull it all back from the face and hold it with a hair tie
- Wet a clean rag or a face towel with hot water and place it randomly on your face (be careful not to burn yourself )- this is to open clogged skin pores
- Now gently wash your face with your regular face cleanser
- Now evenly apply the exfoliating cream. For new products, try them on a small patch of skin before completely applying I on face
- Leave it on for some minutes then rinse it off your face using lukewarm water
- Pat your face dry with a clean face towel and apply your moisturizer. if you are going out, be sure to apply a sunscreen
- Do this twice daily, before going to bed and when leaving the house.
4. Photodynamic therapy
Photodynamic therapy or PDT is a treatment that uses light sensitive medication. It can be used to treat different skin conditions, eye condition and some type of cancer.
The medication and light used in this procedure are harmless on their own, however, when exposed to light, it can activate and cause a reaction that can damage nearby cells. If your skin was treated with this procedure, it must be covered by a dressing that should remain in place for some time.
Side effects of this treatment option include:
- A burning or stinging sensation
- Sensitive skin especially if the medication was injected
5. Cleanse to get rid of large pores
Regular cleansing will help get rid of dirt, excess oil and bacteria that accumulates inside hair follicles. The best types of cleansers get rid of excess oil without stripping your skin of moisture.
To get rid of enlarged skin pores, use a gel based cleanser. Regardless of your skin type, avoid cleansers that contain soap or scrubbing agents. These products will make your pores appear even larger.
6. Laser skin resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing can be a great way to minimize enlarged skin pores on face. This treatment option can also be effective in treating blotches, scars, wrinkles caused by aging, acne or too much exposure to the sun.
Laser ski resurfacing removes skin layer by layer thus helps your skin look younger and healthier. Swelling is a normal side effect associated with this procedure, in such cases, your doctor will prescribe steroids to made swelling around eyes, and nose.
How to reduce pores on face permanently- How to shrink large pores naturally
A majority of chemical products used to shrink enlarged skin pores are expensive and can expose your skin to harmful chemical ingredients. Wouldn’t you want this right? There is a simple solution to this, there are some natural remedies you can use at home to permanently get rid of enlarged skin pores.
These remedies are effective and do not expose your skin to an unwanted chemical. They can also help the general health of your skin making your skin appear smooth, younger and soft.
Here are some of the effective remedies you can try at home:
1. Apple cider
Apple cider vinegar is an effective natural remedy for getting rid of enlarged skin pores on nose, face and all over the skin. This remedy can be used as a toner after you have washed your face. When used in this way, it can help get rid of impurities-dead skin cell, dirt, and excess sebum
- Gently wash your face with your regular cleanser
- Mix equal amount of water and ACV
- Use a clean cotton ball to evenly apply the mixture on your face
- Leave it on for some time before rinsing it off
- Do this daily, before going to bed and in the mornings
2. Lemon juice
The natural enzymes found in lemons juice makes lemon a great natural skin care product. When applied on enlarged skin pores, the enzymes will tighten the pores making them appear smaller.
To make the remedy even more effective, prepare a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil before applying it on your face.
3. Egg white
Egg white is the other great remedy you can try at home to get rid of enlarged skin pores. Applying egg white on face can help get rid of blemishes, itchy small bumps, and blackheads. This is what you need to do:
- Remove the yolk from two eggs
- Add lemon into the whites then gently stir to achieve a fine mixture
- Apply the mixture on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes then rinse it off
- You will need to repeat this twice or thrice in a week
Steaming your face is a great way of getting rid of impurities. Steaming opens your skin pores. To do it at home:
- Pour hot water in a bowel
- Dip a clean face towel, squeeze to get rid of excess water then hold it randomly on your face.
- Do this for 30 minutes then pat your face dry with a towel
5. Natural yoghurt
Apart from being a great probiotic agent, natural yogurt can effectively tighten your pores making them smaller. Yogurt contains lactic acid that can help get rid of skin impurities. Applying yogurt on the face can also help get rid of excess sebum that accumulates inside the hair follicles on the skin.
Large pores treatment
Large pores on skin, face, and nose can be really annoying. It comes in the way of you having that satiny smooth skin we all long for. So how do you treat large skin pores?
When treating enlarged skin pores, there is no one-fit all plan. Treatment results will vary from one person to the other depending on what the underlying cause is. There are different cosmetic products that can be used. In spite of what some of these products promise, it is impossible to completely shrink or close enlarge skin pores completely.
To effectively treat enlarged skin pore, you will need to follow a certain skin care routine. With time, you large pores on nose, face, and other parts of the body will appear clearer and smaller. This is what you will need to do:
1. Wash with a gentle cleanser
Make sure to always wash your face with a gentle cleanser before going to bed. Use lukewarm water to effectively get rid of the day’s makeup, oil, dead skin cells and dirt that might have accumulated inside the hair follicles.
An even more effective way to do this would be to use an electronic brush. This will help remove more dirt than when using your bare hand.
2. Light chemical peels
Apply a light chemical is also a great way to treat large skin pores. Chemical peels minimize large pores on nose and other parts of the face leaving your skin looking young and fresh.
Chemical peels can also help get rid blackheads and whiteheads on the face.
3. Exfoliate regularly
Regular exfoliation is another effective way to treat enlarged skin pores. This can be done naturally at home or using chemical exfoliators that contain salicylic acid or alpha hydroxyl acid (i.e glycolic).
Most people find these products reactive to their skin. If you are getting started on using these products, you could try on a small part of skin first. The other alternative is, you could have your health care provider prescribe one for you.
Also check: How to get rid of itchy bumps all over the body
4. Topical retinol
You can also use a topical retinol as the first line of treatment for large skin pores. To avoid side effects, have your dermatologist recommend the best cream to use. This will depend on how sensitive your skin is.
Your dermatologist may recommend a combination of topical products and a chemical pill to effectively treat large skin pores. Have your skin care provider develop the right regimen for your ski type and needs. Most retinol creams are said to contain collagen-boosting ingredients.
5. Sun screen
Over exposure to direct ultraviolet sun rays can also contribute to enlarging skin pores. To prevent this, always ensure you apply sunscreen before going out.
Ultraviolet rays are harmful rays that penetrate the skin weakening collagen that keeps your skin pores small and tight.
6. noncomedogenic moisturizer
When treating enlarged skin pores, invest in high-quality skin care products. Use noncomedogenic skin moisturizer and makeup that will not cause clogged skin pores. Avoid makeups and skin care products with heavier ingredients such as mineral oils.
How to prevent large pores on nose and other parts of the body and Skin care for enlarged pores
The best way to handle enlarge skin pores would be to prevent them from occurring in the first place. Large pores on nose or face can really be detrimental to your self-esteem. Nobody would want the straggle of treating or covering large skin pores. It is just too much!
So how do you prevent large skin pores on nose, face and other parts of the body?
This is what you need to do:
- Formulate an effective skin care routine. Make sure to follow this as regular as possible. If you are unable to develop one at home, have a professional skin care person develop one for you.
- You will need to make sure you wash your face before going to bed. Do not sleep with makeup on!
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a mild soap to get rid of dirt and dead skin cell on your face
- Use a quality toner to completely get rid of dirt that might have remained on face
- Invest in quality moisturizer that will apply to keep your skin moist and clean
- You will also need to exfoliate your skin every now and then. This can be done naturally at home or which professionally with exfoliating chemicals.
- If you still develop large skin pore, have your dermatologist do some examinations. This might be a sign of an underlying condition.
Sources and References:
- How to minimize enlarged pores and blackheads: http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/skincare-advice/acne-and-breakouts/How-to-Minimize-Enlarged-Pores-and-Blackheads.html
- How to shrink large skin pores: http://www.webmd.com/beauty/features/minimize-pores#1
- Tips for treating large skin pores: http://www.thederminstitute.com/tips-for-treating-large-pores/
- Causes and how to get rid of large pores on face, nose, and cheeks: http://naturalbeautytips.co/how-to-get-rid-of-large-pores-on-face-nose-cheeks/
- How to shrink large skin pores: http://www.marieclaire.com/beauty/news/a13395/pore-minimizing-tips/