Can Saggy Breast Become Firm? Causes & How to Lift Naturally
We all dream of perfect breast. They are a sign of beauty and can really boost a woman’s self-esteem. Most women want them to hold their position, especially after delivery. So what causes saggy breasts and how can you make them firm again?
Sagging also called female breast ptosis is a natural consequence of aging. The rate and degree of ptosis often depend on many factors. Common such factors include Smoking, Number of pregnancies, High body mass index and significant weight gain or loss among others.
This article helps answer the following questions:
- How to fix sagging breast
- How to tighten saggy breast
- How to lift saggy breast
- What causes saggy breast
- How to prevent saggy breast
What causes sagging breasts?
No woman wants to dream of her breast sagging. For most people, perfectly shaped and firm breast enhances their beauty.
Breast naturally becomes less perky as one age. This occurs because the skin covering them begins to lose elasticity and the breast tissue succumbs to gravity. This is often as a result of pregnancy, hormonal changes, and fluctuations in body weight.
Research shows that when a woman reaches her late thirties, her skin starts becoming loose. At this time, the breast will also begin to show signs of aging. According to Oregon Institute of Breast Health Education, this is especially common when a woman has gone through a pregnancy.
For some women, the fallen or sagging breast is often a sign of underlying diseases such as breast cancer or a respiratory condition such as tuberculosis. These conditions can cause weakening of the cells and organ structure that leaves very little support for the breasts that leave them to sag and fall.
Unlike other organs in the body, breasts do not have muscle. They are made of fat, milk-producing glands, and connective tissues.
Here are the common causes of sagging breasts:
- Normal aging process, especially in the early 30s
- Unexplained weight gain and weight loss
- Lifestyle activities especially those involving strenuous vigorous activities
- Hormonal fluctuation especially during pregnancy and when breastfeeding
- Poorly fitted bra
- Too much consumption of alcohol or nicotine
How to get rid of saggy breasts
How fast one can get rid of saggy breast depends on the degree of sagging. Plastic surgeons describe these degrees using a ptosis scale.
a) Grade I: Mild ptosis, where the nipple is at the level of the infra-mammary fold and above the lower breast tissue
b) Grade II: Moderate ptosis- the nipple is below the infra-mammary fold but higher than most of the breast tissue hangs
c) Grade III: Advanced ptosis- here, the nipple is below the inframammary fold but at a level of maximum breast projection
d) Pseudoptosis- at this point, the nipple is located either at or above the infra-mammary fold. The lower part of the breast sags below the fold. This is common when a woman stops nursing.
e) Parenchymal Maldistribution at this point, the lower breast tissue is lacking fullness, the inframammary fold is very high, and the nipple and areola are relatively close to the fold.
Saggy breasts are a natural part of aging. Unless caused by an underlying condition like breast cancer or tuberculosis, they are considered normal and nothing to worry about. When the underlying cause of the sagging is the said condition, then treating the condition is the best way to manage the falling.
Currently, there is a wide variety of creams and body lotions that have the ability to tighten and tone up sagging breasts. If you choose to use these cream to use such creams or lotions, it is important to know that ligaments cannot be shortened once they have been stretched.
Getting rid of saggy breasts with creams and lotion is only temporary and not enough to actually lift the breasts. To increase the effectiveness, I would recommend you mix other treatment options. This will include natural remedies and exercises.
- What Causes Small, Large, Painful Pimple On Breast?
- Dry Nipples, Causes, Best Creams & Home Remedies
- What is Progesterone Injection Used For? Benefits & Side Effects
- How to get rid of hickey fast using home remedies
How to lift sagging breast naturally
Depending on the degree of sagging, there are some effective natural remedies you could use to lift sagging breast. You could try the following:
1. Daily exercises
Even though your breasts have no muscles, incorporating simple exercises into your daily routine can be a great way to tighten your breast. These are exercises that target breast tissues and pectoral muscles around the chest.
Some effective exercises you need to try include:
- Chest presses and pulls
- Arm Raises
- Dumbbell Flyes
- Roundabout push-ups
While doing these exercises, always wear a supportive or sports bra.
2. Ice massage
A simple ice massage is also considered effective in uplifting and regaining firmness in sagging breasts. With this remedy, the cold temperature causes the tissues to contract, which makes the breasts appear firmer and more lifted.
- Wrap 3 ice cubes in a clean face towel
- Massage your breast in a circular motion for 2 minutes. To avoid numbness, do not expose your breasts to ice directly for more than a minute.
- Dry them with a towel and immediately wear a properly fitting bra
- Make sure to stay in a reclining position for at least 30 minutes
- You may need to do this at different intervals throughout the day
Pomegranate is considered an effective anti-aging remedy that can help prevent sagging breasts. Pomegranate seed oil is said to be rich in phytonutrients that can lead to firm breasts.
All you need to do is:
- Prepare a paste of pomegranate peel and some warm mustard oil
- Use the resulting mixture to massage your breasts in a circular motion 15 minutes daily before bed
- An alternative would be to massage your breast daily with pomegranate seed oil
- You can also mix 2 tablespoons of neem oil, a tablespoon of powdered pomegranate rind, heat the mixture, and allow it to cool then use it to gently massage your sagging breasts.
4. Olive oil
Massaging sagging breasts with olive oil is another effective natural way to lift them and make them more firm. Olive oil is a rich source of antioxidants and fatty acids that can help reverse the damage caused by free radicals.
Apart from preventing your breast from sagging, massaging with olive oil will also help improve your skin tone and texture.
- Rub some olive oil onto your palms to generate some heat
- Now rub your palms on your breast in an upward motion gently for about 15 minutes
- Do this twice daily for a month
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel is the other great remedy you can use to naturally lift sagging breast. The gel is said to have natural skin-tightening properties that can be very effective n lifting sagging breasts. This Is made possible by the antioxidants found in Aloe Vera.
To use this remedy:
- Use the gel to gently massage your falling breasts in a circular motion
- Allow the gel to sit for 20 minutes then rinse it off with lukewarm water
- You will need to repeat this for at least 4 times a week to speed up the effectiveness of the remedy
6. Cucumber and egg yolk mask
A mask prepared from cucumber and egg yolk is also a great way to lift sagging tits. Egg yolk is said to have high levels of protein and vitamins that can help treat falling tits whereas cucumber is rich in natural skin toning properties.
To use this remedy:
- Puree a fresh cucumber in a blender
- Into it add 1 egg yolk and a tablespoon of butter then mix to achieve a fine paste
- Apply the paste to your breasts and leave it for about 45 minutes
- Rinse the paste off with cold water then wear a properly fitting bra
- Do this daily for a month
7. Rhassoul clay
Rhassoul clay is the other great remedy you can use to naturally lift sagging breast. This clay is said to contain natural skin-firming ingredients. These include minerals such as silica, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and sodium that help firm and tighten sagging skin.
To use lift your sagging breast with this clay:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Rhassoul clay with enough water to achieve a smooth paste
- Gently apply the paste on your breast and allow it to dry
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water after some minutes
- Repeat the process at least once or twice a week
How to fix saggy breasts fast
Exercising is the best way to fix saggy breasts. To make the process more effective you need to do lots of pushups, arm raising, dumbbell flyes, and lifting weights.
Yoga can also be a nice way to tone and tighten the breasts. Some effective posts will include bridge pose, cobra pose, triangle pose, bow pose, warrior pose, viparitha Karani among others.
Like most cosmetic problems, proper nutrition can help lift saggy breasts. Like on other parts of the body, protein helps to hold and strengthen the tissues of the breasts. Other fundamental nutrients like minerals and vitamin are also important for the general well-being of the body.
Do not forget to wear a properly fitting bra. A wrong sized bra is a major cause of sagging breasts. Apart from all this, correct posture can also help prevent your breasts from losing their elasticity. Normally, when a woman lowers her shoulders and hunches forward, her breast tends to sag due to gravitational force.
Exercise to tighten sagging breast
Most exercises really improve the shape of sagging breast. This is because breasts are external organs that do not contain muscles. There are however many natural ways one can use to increase breasts firmness and wear down their appearance.
It is important to understand that breast sagging I a normal part of aging. The falling is caused by the loss of skin elasticity and weakness.
To tighten your breast, you need to ensure you are always hydrated and wear properly fitting sports bra. This will help slow down the loss of elasticity and prevent them from falling. Exercises are also a good way of maintaining a proper body weight which can help stop sagging breasts.
How to prevent breast sagging
Preventing saggy breast can be a hard thing to do. Apart from the sagging being a normal aging process, there are different factors that could cause them to sag, this as mentioned include such things as pregnancy, breastfeeding among others.
So how do you keep your breast firm and prevent them from falling off? While doing that is nearly impossible, there are some few things you can do to slow down the rate at which the falling happens.
You can try the following to prevent breast sagging:
a) Maintain an optimal body weight
Unwanted body gain or body loss can is a common cause of breast falling off. When you gain weight your skin stretches and loses elasticity, on the other hand, when you lose weight you lose lots of fat, which can make your breast to drop.
Striking a weight balance that will help minimize the stretching and relaxing of the skin around breast can be an effective way to prevent them from sagging.
b) Drink plenty of water
The skin is comprised of cells that are predominantly made up of water. Being dehydrated can take a toll on the skin making the skin over your breast look shrunken and dull.
When your body lacks enough water, it becomes flak, dry and wrinkled. Drinking enough water can help prevent premature aging and breast sagging.
c) Regular exercise
A combination of exercises and healthy eating can help maintain proper body weight which then help prevents your breast from falling off.
Healthy eating does not involve denying your body the required nutrients. Just as extra weight can cause your breast to sag, nutritional deficiencies can also lead to saggy breasts.
d) Massaging your breast
Massaging you tits at least twice a day with coconut oil, olive oil or other essential oil can help add firmness, increase elasticity to the skin thus preventing them from sagging. Doing this will also help improve your skin tone and texture.
A gentle massage draws blood to the surface of the skin. This increases blood flow while stimulating muscle growth and repair of damaged cells. This is what help reduce the appearance and severity of falling breasts
- Home remedies to lift sagging breasts: https://homeremediesforlife.com/breast-lifts/
- Effective home remedies for firming sagging breasts: https://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-firming-sagging-breasts.html
- Ptosis or sagging breasts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptosis_(breasts)
- How to naturally prevent your breast from sagging: http://thescienceofeating.com/2015/05/22/how-to-prevent-sagging-breasts-naturally/